Thursday, February 8, 2007

Hormones - Check

Well I have always been on the emotional side, to put it mildly. I gesture away wildly when talking about the most mundane issue. One time, while driving and not even speaking a word, my hands where moving. Bones inquired as to what I was doing. Thinking about things in my head, of course.

These days it has gone to a whole new level. Last week driving into work I started crying, about nothing, felt crazy, but I couldn’t stop. By the time I had pulled into work it had stopped. Thankfully I caught a glance of myself in the mirror before getting out of the car. I had been wiping away my tears with my black leather gloves. I looked like a drag queen at a funeral and I wasn’t even wearing make-up! The solution: start crying again and wipe the tears away with my hands. Totally forgot about the wet naps we keep in the car.

In contrast, yesterday I was driving home from work with such excitement I felt like I couldn’t contain it. I had a grin from ear to ear that nothing could touch. I even went to fill up the car with gas, after leaving work 1.5 hours late, it was night, cold and really snowy, nothing could mess with my mood. It may not sound like such a feat to most, but for a cold wimp who is usually exhausted by the end of the day, it was quite an accomplishment.

Today the good mood continues. When I went to clean the snow off my car, I also cleaned off the neighbour’s car.

Hormones – check!

Darch

No comments: